8" Class A Chimney Pipe Attic Insulation Shield from Sure-Temp
The Insulation Shield is required to guard against the hazard of blown-in or blanket insulation filling any framed opening or contacting the chimney and possible contact of combustibles against the chimney. This part is required when running through a framed opening such as an attic, even if there is no insulation in the space. The only exception to this AIS installation is if you install a full enclosure around the chimney in the attic area at the minimum two inch clearance.
The Sure-Temp Chimney System is designed to meet the needs of today’s high-efficiency Wood Stoves and other appliances burning wood, oil or gas. Components may be combined in a wide variety of ways to solve almost any chimney installation requirement.
- Materials: Stainless steel
- Clearance: 2" to combustibles
- Allowable Flue Gas Temperatures:
- Maximum Continuous: 1,000 Degrees Fahrenheit / 540 Degrees Celsius
- Brief Forced Firing: 1,400 Degrees Fahrenheit / 760 Degrees Celsius (60 min.)
- Creosote Burn Out: 2,100 Degrees Fahrenheit / 1,150 Degrees Celsius (3 x 10 min.)
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
- Metalbest 208490